Womenlines takes pleasure to welcome Shilpa Kulshrestha, Founder and Principal Coach at Scintillate Coaching & Consulting from Australia as a guest contributor for ‘Healthy Recipes for Healthy You’ segment of Womenlines. Shilpa has a passion to come up with innovative healthy recipes and today she is sharing a healthier version of Paratha-
Broccoli- 2 fresh ones
Wholemeal flour- 2 cups
Salt- as per taste
Pepper- as per taste
Asafetida powder- a pinch
Paneer- half cup
- Add salt to the flour and knead with warm water. Keep it aside covered for 20 min
- Grate broccoli in a food processor
- Add salt, pepper and asafetida to broccoli.
- Grate paneer and add to the above. Your filling is ready.
- Take two balls of kneaded flour
- Roll them to the size of half chapatti
- Now take one piece and put 3 big spoons of broccoli paneer filling on it
- Put another piece of half-rolled chapatti and keep it on top of it. Use your fingers to press it firmly from all sides.
- Roll it to the size to a chapatti
- Put a pan on the gas stove and heat it
- Put the rolled out stuffed chappati on top of it and heat it for 45 seconds each on both sides
- Put a little ghee on both sides and heat for few more seconds
- Your stuffed broccoli paneer paratha is ready
- Now tear open both the sides to see the bright green insides. My kids love it that way.
- Eat it crispy with avocado, pickle and fresh curd.